The Steel Tank Institute publishes the 6th Edition of SP001 Standard for the Inspection of Aboveground Storage Tanks and the 5th Edition of SP031 Standard for the Repair of Shop-Fabricated Aboveground Storage Tanks
Highlights of the revised standards:
- A new Appendix includes inspections of heated thermoplastic liquids storage up to 500° F. This appendix is aimed at inspections of asphalt tanks.
- “The maximum specific gravity of the stored liquid” was removed from the scope.
- Inspection guidelines are now provided for steel diked tanks and concrete-encased shop-fabricated tanks.
- Suitability guidelines for continued service of double-wall tanks and concrete-encased shop-fabricated tanks are now provided.
- Monthly and annual checklists are revised.
- The “safety considerations” and “welding” sections are revised.
How to purchase SP001 6th Edition and SP031 5th Edition:
To order, go to www.steeltank.com and click Publications and then STI/SPFA Store. The price for SP001 6th Edition is $195 and for SP031 5th Edition is $120 or save $40 when you purchase SP001 and its companion standard SP031 together for $275.