UST Refresher Course – Virtual Course
This one-day refresher course is oriented towards already certified tank inspectors, technicians and removers in need of continuing education hours for their renewal requirements. This course will focus on the current UST regulations, avoiding common pitfalls with new tank installation, removals and maintenance/upgrade operations at existing facilities. There will be a review of common problems with properly completing the MDE Third Party UST Inspection Report with an emphasis on specific technologies such as: overfill/spill prevention equipment, leak detection gear, and corrosion control systems.
- Review of MDE documentation
- Review of MDE regulations
- UST Removal
- UST 3rd Party Compliance Inspection
- UST Technician
The course begins at 8:00 am (Eastern Time) and concludes at 4:30 pm (Eastern Time). There is a lunch break from approximately 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm and various breaks throughout the day.
Note: Approved by Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE).
Please note: This course is being taught live by an instructor, but virtually.
To avoid cancelling courses, and to better protect both students and instructors during the current spike in COVID infections, we’ve transition the UST Refresher Course from in-person to virtual.
Please see below for more details on the how the virtual course will be presented.
- The one-day course will be taught live by an instructor, teaching virtually from a separate location.
- Online attendance will be required for this course from 8 AM until 4:30 PM EST.
- To access the course you’ll need reliable internet access and a laptop or desktop computer equipped with a speaker, camera and microphone. If you don’t have access to a computer, the platform does work on tablets and mobile phones but the experience is not ideal for learning.
- The course will be taught using MS Teams, an easy to use web-based meeting platform. The access link to the course will be sent 48 hours in advance to provide time to test your system.
- You’ll be asked to check-in via chat randomly throughout the course to confirm attendance and engagement. Cameras are not required to be on during the course.
To receive a Certificate of Successful Completion from NPTI, you must:
- Be registered for the course
- Attend/sign-in to the class
- Attend the entire eight-hour session
More details and instructions will be emailed in the days leading up to the course.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.
View More Courses