Facility Operator Course (Class A, B, C Operators) – Virtual Course
The Energy Policy Act of 2005 signed into law on August 8, 2005 requires owners of UST facilities to designate and identify by written list individuals to serve as Class A, B and C operator (s) for each facility. This one-day course specifically addresses the requirements for proper training of Class A, B and C Operators per the guidance provided by the EPA.
Class A: Personnel primarily responsible for overall decisions and management involving the operation and maintenance of underground storage tank (UST) systems (i.e. owners and store managers)
Class B: Staff member(s) with daily on-site supervisory responsibility for the operation and maintenance of underground storage tank systems (i.e. facility managers)
Class C: On-site employee(s) present daily responding with emergencies caused by UST spill or release as well as conducting routine inspections at the site.
- Introduction Fuel Systems
- Petroleum Equipment Components
- Inventory Management
- Water Control
- Leak Detection and Overfill Control
- Daily Inspections
- Monthly Inspections
Approved by Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE), District of Columbia (District Department of the Environment (DDOE), and Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
Please note: This course is being taught live by an instructor, but virtually.
To avoid cancelling courses, and to better protect both students and instructors during the current spike in COVID infections, we’ve transition the Facility Operator Course from in-person to virtual.
Please see below for more details on the how the virtual course will be presented.
- The one-day course will be taught live by an instructor, teaching virtually from a separate location.
- Online attendance will be required for this course from 8 AM until 4:30 PM EST.
- To access the course you’ll need reliable internet access and a laptop or desktop computer equipped with a speaker, camera and microphone. If you don’t have access to a computer, the platform does work on tablets and mobile phones but the experience is not ideal for learning.
- The course will be taught using MS Teams, an easy to use web-based meeting platform. The access link to the course will be sent 48 hours in advance to provide time to test your system.
- You’ll be asked to check-in via chat randomly throughout the course to confirm attendance and engagement. Cameras are not required to be on during the course but are required to be on during all exams and testing.
To receive a Certificate of Successful Completion from NPTI, you must:
- Be registered for the course
- Attend/sign-in to the class
- Attend the entire eight-hour session
- Take the final exam and achieve an 80% or better
More details and instructions will be emailed in the days leading up to the course.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.
View More Courses